As one of the UK’s fastest growing MSPs, we’re on the lookout for a Hybrid Cloud Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
Location: Home-based with occasional visits to Data Centres.
Salary: Competitive base + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Hybrid Cloud Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our team to support, optimise and maintain our hybrid cloud platforms. You will bring a proactive approach to ensuring best practices are enforced especially in the pillars of security, reliability, performance efficiency and operational excellence.
You will spend most of your time proactively maintaining our private datacentre infrastructure, tooling and solutions. You will also be expected to be proficient at maintaining and optimising public cloud (Azure/AWS) in line with the Nasstar transformation journey.
- Hands-on operational support for the NASSTAR Private Cloud infrastructure & Customer colocation infrastructure, including monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining data centre hardware.
- Contribute to the ongoing management/support of the various NASSTAR Cloud environments and associated underlying technologies.
- Carry out proactive tasks in a timely and effective manner to help maximize platform and service uptime and to prevent reoccurring issues, such as resolving monitoring alerts, deploying security updates, completing watchpoints and other general platform/systems maintenance and administration that may be required.
- Write and review technical documentation, including guiding others.
- Coach and mentor other team members to ensure effective sharing of both technical and personal skills and to ensure that operational targets are met.
- Take responsibility for senior-level day-to-day BAU activities and when directed, project work to ensure that the NASSTAR Private Cloud Infrastructure meets the agreed targets for availability, compliance and capacity against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Operational Level Agreements (OLAs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Service Level Targets (SLTs).
- Administering and supporting Azure environments.
- Remediating Azure security vulnerabilities and participating in security incident response.
You will have extensive experience as an Infrastructure Engineer, possessing exceptional knowledge of virtualisation stacks, security principles and proactive platform maintenance. Other skills include:
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, with some guidance, and as part of a team.
- HPe, Dell and CISCO UCS hardware.
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, Hyper-V.
- Private, public and hybrid cloud hosting technologies.
- Experienced with Windows OS and common Microsoft server workloads (e.g. AD, SQL, IIS) configuration and support.
- Good understanding of networking principles, subnetting and routing.
- Experience or a willingness to learn PowerShell scripting.
- You will have excellent problem-solving skills and will be able to solve technical problems requiring strict attention to detail.
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
Our ultimate goal is to create an environment where diversity is not only welcomed but celebrated, where every employee feels a sense of belonging, and where our collective differences drive our collective success.
By embracing diversity, practicing inclusion, and striving for equity, we aim to be a leader in our industry and a model for organizations worldwide.
Diversity is not just a statement; it's our way of life at Nasstar.
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.