As one of the UK’s fastest growing MSPs, we’re on the lookout for a Level 2 NOC 24x7 Engineer
Shifts: 4 on 4 off 24x7 shift pattern of (7-7)
Salary: Competitive base + Shift Allowance + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
As a 2nd Line engineer, working within a global team, you will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, tracking, and reporting incidents. As part of your role, you will be responsible for providing critical support to a large customer base over a large product portfolio. You will be the engineer supporting WAN/LAN Networks and Security products ensuring timely resolutions.
Provide complex diagnostic / technical resolution services and support to customers, Engineers and Field Service Engineers in line with contracted SLA agreements, in accordance with Service Operations Manuals / Operational Procedures and to high standards of customer satisfaction. To manage customer’s networks according to SLA, prioritisation, service impact using a procedural discipline in a way that assumes authority to maintain network availability, security and performance.
This role is a hands-on technical service operation role that provides top service and clear communication, you will be part of a large team, working to provide excellent support around the clock to our customer base.
- Respond to Customer Incidents by performing 2nd line support diagnostics, so as to resolve the fault and/or implement a workaround solution that meets SLA standards and customer needs, with occasional 1st Line and 3rd line support co-ordination duties.
- Design, validate and implement solutions to meet Customer requests for maintained Customers · Report, manage and progress incidents that are to be resolved by 3rd Party contractors / service partners
- To liaise with manufacturers and customers during escalations (e.g. Cisco) at a technical level, as part of technical escalation and resolution of Incidents
- To assist the Change Management Team as and when requested and to advise of any changes that were implemented during Incident resolution process (retrospective changes)
- Maintain and develop currency and relevance of technical competence, with key Nasstar vendors such as Cisco Fortinet, Alcatel etc seeking and applying relevant training opportunities and best practice
What we are looking for:
- Technical Competency Candidates must have a proven track record that is demonstrable working with networking and security products and services. Ideally will come from a network support background and will be used to dealing with customer issues in a pressurised environment. Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years networking experience and have passed their CCNP or be working toward a CCNP certification(or similar) and can demonstrate using this knowledge in real world scenarios.
- Ticket Management Own and efficiently manage all levels of tickets from P1 to P4. You can drive issues to resolution, influence and persuade to secure positive business outcomes and ensure key service metrics are hit. Does not let go of an incident until resolved or fully handed over. Proactively engages with others to gain the necessary input to close the ticket.
- Communication Communicates both verbally and in written format with customers under high pressure situations. Can express ideas and information clearly and concisely. Ensures that all parties are informed when you take action that impacts other teams. Builds credibility, respect, and trust with the customer through demonstrating a level of customer knowledge. Can deal effectively with difficult situations balancing customer empathy with assertive handling dependent on the nature of the issue.
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
4x annual salary life assurance
Health cash plan
Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
Our ultimate goal is to create an environment where diversity is not only welcomed but celebrated, where every employee feels a sense of belonging, and where our collective differences drive our collective success.
By embracing diversity, practicing inclusion, and striving for equity, we aim to be a leader in our industry and a model for organizations worldwide.
Diversity is not just a statement; it's our way of life at Nasstar.
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.