As one of the UK’s fastest growing MSPs, we’re on the lookout for a Level 2 NOC Network Team Leader
Salary: Competitive base + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
The Team Leader provides leadership and direction to their team members, to aid in providing a 1st class service to our customers.
This will be a hands-on role, leading by example to ensure all expected deliverables are achieved.
You will work closely with your aligned Customer Operations Manager (COM) to provide direct feedback on how your team members are performing, highlighting any areas for operational improvement, and identifying gaps in process that need to be filled.
You are responsible for ensuring that your team members are on-boarded in an effective and controlled manner to give both them and your team the chance to succeed. You will also work with the Technical Mentors, to identify knowledge gaps and areas for training and equally progression.
You are to assist with Jeopardy management through management of escalations and ticket reviews with the engineering team, ensuring tickets are progressing effectively or being escalated in a timely fashion where needed, ensuring ticket updates meet required standards. Reviewing ticket trends to identify problems and raise relevant problem tasks to reduce re-occurrence of common issues.
Ability to utilise toolsets available to produce reports and act on them effectively.
As a Network Operations Team Lead, responsible for daily performance and availability of the in-country telecom network.
· Provide 1st, 2nd, 3rd line management for the team and ensure they are working towards key performance indicators and goals to create overall business results.
· You will be responsible for achieving daily and monthly departmental metrics.
· Provide strategic lead on network infrastructure, monitoring, management, and security solutions to enable the team to proactively monitor Nasstar network infrastructure.
· Track update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes, and problem tickets in the ServiceNow platform pertaining to the NOC.
· Report to NOC Manager, able to lead the team and be a subject matter expert on complex client Incidents.
· Work collaboratively with colleagues within own/various departments, division, and Group to deliver technical solutions that align with business requirements and customer needs.
· Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with third party suppliers to ensure continuous service improvement and accountability.
· Monitor and ensure achievements of the team’s Key Performance Indicators.
· Ensure all members of the team follow processes for the identification, logging, tracking and resolution of service faults and incidents, and adhere to the incident and major incident management policies.
· Ensure support services are delivered within an ITIL framework and aligned to industry best practice.
· Function as point of hierarchical escalation for incidents and ensure efficient engagement, liaison, and escalation to ensure timely resolution of any faults affecting Nasstar and its customers.
· Identify where processes and procedures are required to enhance the service and operation of the team and qualify and develop these processes.
· Identify improvements to proprietary network management tools and processes to improve visibility of service faults and effectiveness of the Nasstar team with subsequent management of service fault.
· Provide line management responsibilities including conducting one to ones, setting KPI’s and Objectives, Personal Development planning, approving holiday requests in line with an agreed rota, quarterly reviews, disseminating management information etc.
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
4x annual salary life assurance
Health cash plan
Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
Our ultimate goal is to create an environment where diversity is not only welcomed but celebrated, where every employee feels a sense of belonging, and where our collective differences drive our collective success.
By embracing diversity, practicing inclusion, and striving for equity, we aim to be a leader in our industry and a model for organizations worldwide.
Diversity is not just a statement; it's our way of life at Nasstar.
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.